Friday, January 11, 2008

The Steak is the Cake


My dad just celebrated his 69th birthday. He's one of those guys who has everything, and we're always searching for the perfect gadget/gizmo/thingamajiggy with which to suprise him. This year my brother-in-law Jared had a particularly brilliant lighbulb moment. When my mom pondered what kind of cake to make, Jared suggested presenting my dad with a 96 ounce Porterhouse Steak with candles in it, since my dad is a Steak-a-holic. While we really didn't care to shell out the cash for a Porterhouse, we came up with the next best thing. German Chocolate T-Bone. Yum!!!
still confused? This is actually a cake with german chocolate frosting, oreo crumb grill marks, and CLEAN rawhide chewy bones. Pretty sweet, huh?


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this culinary creation -- it looks totally authentic! I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is truly amazing! Libby and I still don't believe that it's not a steak. You will need to send us a piece of it in the mail. Overnight. Right now.

    Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beck. Beck. Welcome to blogland.

    Why is Erin a blonde now? Looks good on her.

    Thanks for the Christmas card. Read my blog. We were out of the country.

    Miss you.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete