Thursday, January 31, 2008

I LOVE my mother...

Having a Senior in high school is quite the adventure. We've made so many mistakes that I am totally ready for Colin when he graduates in two years. I've been on the phone and the computer for hours, arranging audition times, clarifying requirements, obtaining financial records for financial aid applications, hounding my eldest to write essays--NOW!!! Whew. I hope we make it through.
It makes me remember my Senior year and how much I procrastinated, and didn't see the big picture, and cared nothing for my mother's time (and father's). And why do I remember this now? Because I find myself saying all these things to my son. So mom and dad, for the record, I am expressing the deepest, most heartfelt gratitude. And just in case it makes you feel better--yes, my son is just like me and I'm getting what I deserve!!! :D Fortunately, he's a pretty incredible kid, so most of what I'm getting is good. (it's just that other 1% that might have me searching for a wig before long...)

1 comment:

  1. Aaaah! Cosmic Karma comes and bites you in the hiney! I'm afraid it will catch up with me too, one of these days. But alas, you just fell off the pedastal I had you on because I thought I was the only one that procrastinated and made my mom and dad do everything for me. Oh well, you can join me down here in the real world.

    ReplyDelete