Friday, May 29, 2009

Lamest Mother Ever


So, I blew it. Luckily I have a very understanding, loving daughter with a big heart. In Salem the schools do a drug prevention program with the 5th graders called DARE. They have a "graduation" hoopla, where the winners of a DARE essay contest are announced. Kendall is a really good writer and her teacher told her she was one of the top three in the class and that she should practice reading her essay. (*clue)

I put the graduation on the calendar, and I told her that morning I would be there with my camera, and (you know what is coming) I completely spaced it. Completely! Not one trickle of an iota of memory entered my universe that afternoon as I was running various errands.

When she walked in the door after school, I saw her carrying a giant Lion with a DARE T-shirt on, and around her neck was a medal. Yeah. She won the essay contest. I wasn't there. Augggggggh!!! I felt like the slug slime on the bottom of a work boot.

I could tell she was disappointed, but she was so gracious to me. What a sweetie. So I grabbed her and took many pictures of "Darren" and Kendall and the medal. Here they are. Tell her good job if you see her, especially since her lame mom missed the ceremony.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!!! I feel your pain and shed a few tears for you. Tell Kendall she is da bomb and we can't wait to hear her essay. (she will, of course need to read it for us when we come.) You are not the lamest mom, you are just Dory, like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've SEEN slug slime at the bottom of a work boot-not pretty. You are not slug slime. But, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I will out-lame you within a week, guaranteed. Nice recovery with the photos! And great work, Kendall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have ALWAYS had you listed on my blog - alphabetically, of course. Just forget to visit here sometimes. . .

    You're not slime. Nor a slug. But I can see that you probably have a dawning case of early Alzheimers!

    ReplyDelete