Thursday, November 6, 2008

There's nothing better...


than October in Oregon!!! And I mean that sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, as I sit here on November 5th watching the wind and the rain, and listening to reports of flood warnings on the news. Just before my surgery, we enjoyed a trip to Bauman Farms outside of Salem. What a Heavenly Day: vibrant colors everywhere, perfect 70 degree weather, fresh "squeezed-as-you-watch" apple cider and hot apple cider donuts. I'm sure this is why the Pilgrims planned Thanksgiving. I think Fall in the northeast looks a lot like Fall here, and if so, I would have planned a feast too. Such bounty deserves a holiday all to itself!











2 comments:

  1. My new fall cry will be, "Next year in Oregon!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! Hope you are doing well and have a great Christmas! Take Care, Pamela Alexander

    ReplyDelete